The $495 tuition of the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training includes:
- Enhanced Curriculum designed to focus on state exams
- Online Test Prep Courses for Knowledge and Skills (accessible January 2019)
- Use of a Textbook: A textbook will be loaned to you for the the duration of your CNA class and must be returned at the end of the program. New books are available for purchase for you to keep (see Optional Equipment & Resources below)
- Workbook: Utah CNA Centers has published a workbook for you to use in class and to keep after class ends.
- Class Time: The course includes 76 Hours of CNA classroom instruction at our training facilities on approved equipment.
- Clinical Instruction: CNA students in the state of Utah are required to complete 24 Hours of instruction time in a clinical setting. We schedule this time for you at one of our many health care facilities in Utah!
- Discount on Basic Life Support CPR Class: Almost all facilities that hire CNAs in the state of Utah require an AHA-approved Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Class. Utah CNA Training Centers offers this very course at a discounted rate to students of the CNA program. The class is regularly $50, but CNA students enjoy a $10 discount.
- Job Placement Assistance: Utah CNA Centers does not offer Job Placement in an official capacity, but we provide a variety of resources to connect you with facilities that hire graduates of our CNA program. With our Workbook Sponsorship and Pitch to the Class programs, you will be provided with a list of Preferred Employers in your Utah CNA Centers Workbook and you will be visited by some of these facilities at some point during your class. Employers love hiring our CNAs because they know we are the BEST!
Payment Process and Financing Options:
Confirm your seat in our next CNA class with just a deposit! The deposit is $195 and is subtracted from the total tuition due. The remaining balance ($300) is due before the first day of class. We do not accept cash, checks or money orders in Logan, Clearfield, Murray or Orem. Please log on to myUtahCNA to make your final payment or to purchase supplies. All supplies, handouts and purchases will be available on the first day of class.
Utah CNA Centers does not offer financing; however, many potential students will start by registering for a class a several weeks or months in the future and just pay the $195 deposit to reserve their seat in the class. After paying the deposit, students can log back into myUtahCNA and make payments in the Student Payment Portal. Students can make as many payments of any size as often as they’d like right up until the first day of class.
Utah CNA Centers does not offer Title IV student loans and does not participate in the Pell Grant program.
If you need financial assistance, there are organizations that will cover tuition costs for eligible students. Read more about the Employer Scholarship Network.
State Exam Fees:
To be a CNA, every student must complete an approved CNA program (like ours) and pass the Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP). The NATCEP test is offered by the state and students must pay the associated exam fees to take it. These fees are paid to UNAR, not to Utah CNA Training Centers. The testing fees are paid online upon completion of your CNA course. The test has two parts: the Skills Examination and Written Examination.
- Skills Examination: $40
- Written Examination: $35
Total Exam Cost: $75
Required Equipment for Class:
You do not need to purchase these required items from Utah CNA Training Centers. We offer them for your convenience and you can add these items to your cart when you register for your course, or log back in to myUtahCNA to purchase them at any time from the Gear Shop after you register. CNA students must have these items by the second day of class. Required items are:
- Blood pressure cuff & stethoscope: $40
- Watch with a second hand: $10
Optional Equipment and Resources:
- Blood Pressure and Stethoscope Set: $40. You will need a set for class – bring a set to class on the first day or purchase a set that will be provided in class on the first day. You do NOT have to buy the set from the school. We offer this as a convenience.
- Gait Belt: $15. This is an essential tool to use to transfer patients. Students who buy one are able to use it in class – and will likely need it to work in many health care settings.
- Basic Life Support CPR: $50 or $40 if you enroll and pay for a class while enrolled as a CNA student. ALL Certified Nurse Assistants working in health care in Utah are required to have a CPR card, (most health care organizations in Utah require a card issued by a Training Center or Site aligned with the American Heart Association). After you’ve enrolled in your CNA class, you will receive a coupon code to save $10 and you learn from the best.