QuestionIf you do not see the answer to your question below, please contact us by phone or email.

Are there any pre-requisites for CNA training?

You must be at least 16 years of age and must be proficient in English, both written and oral. You  must wear scrubs (any color), have a watch with a second hand, a blood pressure cuff and stethoscope and closed toe shoes.

What is the average pay for CNA’s in Utah ?

The average pay for CNA’s in Utah is $11.00 to $15.00 an hour. We cannot guarantee pay rates.

Is your program state approved in Utah?

Yes, Utah CNA Training Centers is approved by the Utah Nursing Assistant Registry. We also meet all requirements of the Nursing Assistant Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP) requirements.

What is the cost of the course and what is included?

The cost of the course is $495 and includes the following: The use of a textbook, a workbook, classroom instruction, clinicals, skills practice, online Test Prep course access.  The price does not include the state testing fee, which is $85

What forms of payments do you accept?

We prefer Visa, Mastercard, and Discover Credit Cards; as well as, checks and cash.

When is the tuition due?

You must pay the $195 deposit to reserve your seat. The remaining tuition is due by no later than the first day of class.

What is the NATCEP examination?

NATCEP stands for Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program. This is a two part exam. The first part is a skills examination and second part is a written examination. The candidate must perform a set of Vital Signs during the Skills Examination and perform five (5) selected skills from the approved state list of nursing skills. The written examination consists of one hundred (100) multiple-choice questions. You must score 75% or better for a passing grade. The fee for the written exam is $35.00 and the fee for the skills exam is $50 for a $85.00 total. This fee is not included in your tuition and is paid to the UNAR directly.

What exactly does a CNA do when working?

A CNA while on the job performs a myriad of duties all correlating to the care of individuals who need help in caring for themselves. CNAs assist residents with meals, taking residents on walks, helping residents bathe and get dressed, taking vital signs, changing bed linens, helping residents with personal hygiene, shaving etc.

Can I bring food to class ?

Yes, you may bring you food to class. We just ask that you tidy up after yourself and be careful not to spill on desks or equipment.

Where do I do my clinicals?

Your clinical rotations are completed at any one of a number of facilities located all across the Wasatch Front. We will help you set these up at the start of class. The 24 hours you must spend on clinical time are included in the 100 hour program. Although we attempt to schedule clinicals during the length of the program, this is not always possible due to staffing issues, or the ability of facilities to accommodate so many students on the same day. Students who are assigned a clinical date must attend on that date – failure to show or be on time up will result in a $50 rescheduling penalty.

What if I miss a class or clinical? Can I make up the time?

We recommend students make sure they can attend all class and clinical hours before they register. Still, emergencies happen and sometimes it is impossible to attend every class and clinical. If a student has attended at least three class sessions and needs to miss only one day class or two night classes (approximately 8 hours total or less) the student can make up the time.

What is your Refund Policy?

Once a student registers for a program and pays the deposit, the student may receive a full refund if a student notifies the school that he or she has decided not to attend the program within three business days after making payment. This cooling off period extends to midnight of the third business day after payment is made. If a student drops out of a program after the program has begun, the student is not entitled to a refund of any money.

Students who ordered and paid for supplies are entitled to a refund if requested prior to the program starting.

Refunds are processed in 45 days or less (usually 1-2 weeks).

Cancellation or Withdrawal from a Program:

A student has the right to withdraw at any time. The refund policy for withdrawn or dismissed students is the same for all students. A student may withdraw from a Nurse Assistant program before the second day of class begins and apply the tuition to a subsequent program if they notify the school immediately and before the second day begins — but they will not receive any refund after the program begins. No refunds are offered after the second day of class begins. See Refund Policy above.

Who can notify the school of a student’s intent to cancel a program or request a refund?

ONLY the person who registered for the class, or signed the contract can notify the school of the cancellation. Only the student whose name is on the registration, or on the contract may notify the school of a decision to withdraw or to request a refund, even if another party PAID for the class.

Exceptions include anyone who is under 18, in which case a parent can cancel on behalf of the student. Other exceptions include medical emergencies so severe that it is impossible for the actual student to withdraw.

Is there any way to get a refund even if I did not abide by the refund policy because I forgot or did not remember the policy?

No, we are sorry but the refund policy is absolute.

If I have a question about the refund policy who do I contact?

Your first contact should be with the Program Director for the CNA program at our headquarters. You may reach the Program Director at 801.990.9333. Either way, the policy is clear and we will abide by it.

If I am due any refund, when will I get it?

Once it is determined that you are due a refund, we will refund your money within 45 days (usually within a few days).

If I am not due a refund for tuition, but I bought other items such as a BP cuff and Stethoscope or a gait belt, can I receive a refund for these items?

If you have paid for any of these items and withdraw and have NOT picked up or been issued the item, we will refund the money for each item purchased that you do not want.

If I withdraw and don’t get a full refund, can I use the tuition I paid for another class later on?

We encourage you to do so, if your case falls within the guidelines for cancellation or withdrawal from a program.

Does Utah CNA Training Centers provide job placement?

No, unfortunately we don’t.

Why should I choose Utah CNA Training Centers for my CNA Training?

96% PASS RATE according to the UNAR -one of the highest in the state, five convenient locations and many flexible schedules means we are the best place for you to train. We are experts in CNA training and train more students each year than any other school. You cannot get enough hands on experience at many schools, but that will NEVER be a concern at Utah CNA Training Centers! Competent instructors and incredible training facilities make for a great trainee!!

We are also the only program to offer two other related courses to help you pass the state exams. The Test Prep courses for knowledge and skills are online and accessible for up to 90 days after you complete your course. These courses are the BEST resources to enhance your inclass training and they are included in your tuition.

How do I apply to work as a CNA in another state with my Utah certification?

This is called reciprocity. By Federal and State Laws, you must pass a state approved course and test in order to work as a nursing assistant in a nursing home (and any other skilled facility or health care organization that provides direct patient care for any patient whose care is paid for by Medicare and Medicaid and often commercial insurance plans as well). You also cannot work as a Certified Nurse Assistant in any state unless you are approved by that state.

If you already are certified and have taken and passed a state approved in your own state and are in good and active standing in that state, and want to move to another state, you will need to request reciprocity. This means that you are asking the new state to recognize the approval you received from your home state.